We are a Kindergarten to grade 8 school nestled in the small rural community of Alexander. Alexander is approximately 25 kilometres west of Brandon and islocated within the Brandon School Division. Students wishing to attend the “Learning with the Arts” program at Alexander School are eligible to be transported by school bus.
At Alexander School, we offer quality programming that addresses the Manitoba curriculum outcomes in a dynamic multi-age learning environment. The emphasis is on the creative process as a means of actively engaging students in learning. Students make meaning, construct knowledge, demonstrate understanding, and reflect on their own learning in a variety of traditional and non-traditional ways.
If you are interested in learning more about the program offered at Alexander, please explore this site further and/or make an appointment to visit us and see first hand what our school has to offer your child.
This program addresses the Manitoba curriculum outcomes through hands-on experiential learning that actively engages students in the learning process. This program is available to ALL K-8 students in the Brandon School Division.
Students involved in this program:
- have regular opportunities to work with professional artists on curriculum-based project work
- participate in art exposure workshops at school and at the Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba to explore various technical skills and the creative process
- engage in arts-infused learning across the curriculum on a regular basis
- develop creative and critical thinking skills that address the multiple ways students acquire and apply new learning
- explore technology as an artistic medium
Transportation will be provided to Alexander School by Brandon School Division for any student wishing to participate in this unique learning opportunity.
Scent Free Environment
Due to a scent product allergy, we request that you refrain from wearing scented products while visting our school.
Peanut and Nut Allergy Alert – Nut-Safe School
Due to a severe peanut and nut allergies, we request that you refrain from sending nut products to school at any time. These are life-threatening allergies. Therefore, it is imparative that we work together to ensure that our students are in safe.